‘Proud of our history ~ Embracing our present and future’
From 1913 to 2006, CPHC served our communities through the local Victorian Order of Nurses. In the first year, 1913, the annual budget was $840. and the Nurse travelled the Brockville area by bicycle. Services included in-home nursing care visits, pre-natal visits to expectant mothers, infant welfare visits, mothers conferences, classes for girls and social service visits.
In 2004, the Lanark Branch of the Victorian Order of Nurses joined, to form the Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Branch of the Victorian Order of Nurses. Lanark also has a long history of VON service: the first VON nurse practiced at the Rosamond Hospital in Almonte in 1904. The VON established an office in Smiths Falls in 1924, in Carleton Place in 1926, and in Gananoque in March 1942. In 1964, Carleton Place's services were extended to Ramsay Township, Almonte and Pakenham, and became the North Lanark Branch. 1969 saw Smiths Falls and North Lanark amalgamate to form the North Lanark Branch.
Over the years, funding and support increased substantially to continue provision of services and to ensure a healthier and safer community.
October 16, 2006 marked a new era for the VON Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Branch. The local VON adopted a new name and logo namely ‘Community & Primary Health Care – Lanark, Leeds & Grenville’ commonly known as CPHC. The tag line ‘Making a Difference In Your Community’ continues to be paramount with the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers. In the last two years, services have continued to grow; CPHC is now serving over 15,000 individuals across Lanark, Leeds & Grenville and Kingston for Lifeline
We have been blessed and proud to serve this community. We will continue to provide the same quality services.